What has mobilised 1200 founders in 30 countries to commit over $430 million to good over the last 3 years? Founders Pledge is arguably the most impressive new global initiative in philanthropy. Their pledgers represent 950 companies, collectively worth $161 billion (£122 billion), and they include WeWork’s Miguel McKelvey, Blockchain's Nicolas Cary, Unruly’s Sarah Wood, and Google Deepmind’s Mustafa Suleyman. The rapid growth of Founders Pledge highlights that alongside billion-dollar opportunities in entrepreneurship there are huge opportunities to do good.
Join the Stanford and Level39 communities to hear the story of Founders Pledge and the growing opportunities that make it easy for entrepreneurs to do more good in both work and life.
Come along to:
- understand the story behind the exponential growth of Founders Pledge
- learn how you can identify the most effective charities
- find out how we can build big, profitable companies that create value for all stakeholders
- David Goldberg is the co-founder and CEO of Founders Pledge, a charity through which start-up founders commit to donate a percentage of their personal exit proceeds to charity following liquidity.
- Alex Foster is an entrepreneur and philanthropist and the Head of Philanthropy at the family office Veddis.
- A special founder guest from the Level39 community.
Hosted by Level39 and organised in association with the Stanford Angels of the United Kingdom.