Focus on Careers in Tech
The US Alumni Club is partnering with the Mary Keller Women in Tech network for our 4th Career Powwow. Men are welcome too!
We all use tech in our day to day, and we all have a friend (or a friend of a friend) who works at Facebook, Google or a startup. Admit it, you are a tad bit jealous and wish you could do the same.
Let us help you figure out how to make that change! You don't need to be a coding expert to join that world and we hope to lay it all out for you. Join us for a brief presentation on Tech Careers 101 followed by a stellar lineup of speakers with very diverse backgrounds and careers in tech companies.
- Product Operations Manager at Facebook and Washington University in St Louis and UC Berkeley-HAAS MBA alum
- Commercial Finance Director at Deliveroo
- A violinist who's learning to code (U of Michigan alum)
- A former Groupon employee and Cornell grad who now runs Biz Dev at a startup that helps working moms
- Head of Ecosystem at a rating agency for startups
If you don't know what ecosystem means in tech speak or the role a product person plays, then you definitely need to come to the powwow!
Please register BELOW.
6.30pm - Arrival and registration
7.00pm - Introduction to careers in Tech
7.15pm - Panel discussion
7.45pm - Q&A
8.00pm - Networking and canapés
9.00pm - Close